Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Me, Myself & I.


Ah, the rumours were true, the dynamic duo has turned into a faux trio ;). And like anything else, a double-edged sword. One one hand, it sucks. Because the amount of work that had to be done by 4 people, now has to be archieved by me alone. And I can't bounce ideas off of someone anymore. But then again, now I only get to do the things I want (heh heh) and there's no time wasted by discussions. I still would have liked to have group members though, but that's the way the cookie crumbled.

Regarding the project, it's in a constant state of entropy. Every meeting or conversation with classmates, friends, tutors makes the concept evolve. Hopefully for the better.

After the talk with the tutors I realised I could incorporate a lot more of our project name into the project itself. The movement of the statues now resemble those of the planetary bodies. Also, the movement isn't solely due to the people moving them, they now move on their own as well. Luckily, I'm not an engineer so I don't have to specify in detail how this mechanism will work and will stay in working order (making it 'hufter-proof').

I also think I've found a great example of the placement of the structure on the trip to the Princess Islands yesterday. The location itself really suitable, but the surroundings are exactly what I'd imagined while talking and brainstorming about this. With trees and benches all around. Shame that it's on a hill that's pretty much only accessible by car with devilish traffic. I reckon I have to mask those parts away ;)

I'm also trying to find out specific planetary alignments of large influence, as I want to replicate those to unlock the different messages in this 'solar system'. I've also found the poem I want to use, now I only need the different translations for the chosen languages, that shouldn't be that hard I imagine.

I think I can spend another day totally detailing the specifics and use the rest of the time to construct the prototype. I'm contemplating making an actual scale-model, but I have to find the best way to build it. Material and construction wise. For this I could really use a Turkish teammate who will know the different stores to purchase said items... :/

No comments: